Happy weekend friends! Here’s what Jeremy and I read this week. Also, bonus political cartoon! (h/t to Brian Cook):
- Hour long Q&A with Ralph Nader on how Progressives and Libertarians are “Unstoppable” in their potential to combat crony capitalism and corruption. Reason.
- Taxi strike backfires because of how ridiculous the cartel system is. Uber rejoices. CNBC.
- Prince Edward Island (Canada) bed and breakfast ordered to shut down, because they stopped serving the “bed” part, putting them in a different arbitrary regulatory category. National Post.
- Why giving poor people money is the best anti-poverty method available. Vox.
- New York and New Jersey give away millions in corporate welfare in race to the bottom on economic development tax incentives. The New York Times.
- A man in Florida given an 80-year prison sentence for firing a gun four times into the air. The Florida Times-Union.
Here’s the cartoon, courtesy of www.leftycartoons.com. Thanks to Brian for sharing!